No matter how good your app or solution is, getting it to the right people is a tough job. Vendor challenges include:
- The need to call on prospective clients one at a time.
- Lack of relevant environments you can use to demo products.
- The problems of integrating with legacy electronic health record (EHR) systems, which can derail new solutions from the get-go.
- Few objective ways to measure the effectiveness of health care innovations.
- A dearth of consistent metrics across health systems.
- Little clarity on the work flow impact of innovations.
- A frustrating shortage of referral clients.
What Raven Offers
- You get access to hundreds of prospective clients without having to call on individual health systems.
- The demo product environment, or “sandbox,” is familiar and comfortable to users.
- You participate in the development of metrics that matter.
- Raven applies accepted metrics to multiple environments.
- The demo product environment shows the workflow impact of your innovations.
- Raven expands your market by developing potential clients and referrals.
Benefits of Raven
Raven offers a cost-effective way to present your solution application to safety net provider organizations. Raven is part of the Center for Care Innovations (CCI), a health care non-profit. CCI is a name that providers trust, and with good reason: CCI has a strong and lengthy history of successful collaborations with safety net organizations across the country. Visit CCI’s Technology Hub to learn more about our history promoting innovative care and technology solutions.
Through Raven, you have access to hundreds of organizations that are searching for solutions to urgent health care problems. CCI works with safety net provider organizations across the country, and they are looking for the right tools to better serve their patients.
How to Become a Member of Raven
Ready for your tool to be viewed by hundreds to thousands of potential clients? Here is our step-by-step guide:
1. Become a Raven solutions partner
Fill out our solutions provider enrollment form indicating you’d like to be a Raven. The form — a comprehensive legal agreement that protects both you and CCI — spells out both parties’ rights and responsibilities. Among the highlights:
What you agree to: Raven solutions partners agree to pay a $600 a month fee for access to Raven and all supported EHR sandboxes that are populated with de-identified patient data. The fee helps maintain Raven’s demo environment and tech support hub. The funds will be drawn automatically from your business account each month. Membership is on a month-to-month basis, and you are free to cancel at any time with 15 days notice.
What you get in return: You’ll become part of the Raven Directory, a shortlist of carefully curated health care solutions accessible to thousands of safety net provider organizations. Once there, you’ll be able to test and demonstrate your tool for potential clients on sandboxes for all the leading EHRs: Among Raven’s benefits:
- You can demonstrate your solution to prospective clients in the EHR sandboxes of your choice.
- You can test out new features and code in a risk-free environment.
- You can feature your solution in our Technology Hub webinar series.
- You’ll be contacted directly by potential clients via our secure messaging system.
- We can work with you using the interoperability tools MOCI and Redox to figure out the tech specs needed to connect your tool with a prospective client’s EHR.
2. Share your specs
Once you’ve completed the enrollment form, our developer will contact you to find out the tech specs required to get you on our developer platform. This includes our EHR sandboxes — one for each of the leading electronic health record we support.
3. Get your credentials.
We contact you for a two-way conversation about expectations, deliverables, and — most exciting — when you’re planning to put your solution on the site. Through this vetting and curation process, you’ll work with our developer to test and demonstrate your tool in the sandbox and to find out which EHR compatibility. We then issue separate credentials for each EHR you want to work with (at no extra charge however many you select).
4. Work, play and meet prospective clients in our EHR sandboxes.
Now that you have platform credentials, you can get your solution up and running whenever you’re ready. After that, you’re free to use the sandbox to do sales demos, bring potential EHR clients to our platform to test out your application, or develop a new feature in a risk-free environment.
5. Showcase your solution.
As part of the Raven Directory, you’ll be featured on a page about your company and tool. The page includes everything from videos, PowerPoints, PDFs, and case studies of your solution to a list of clients who use your solution.
6. Be part of our tech gallery webinar.
Every week CCI’s Technology Hub dives into tech solutions with interested safety net providers and vendors during a 30-minute webinar. You can be featured in this popular series, which consists of a 30-minute webinar demonstrating the tool, followed by a lively Q&A session.
7. Contact prospective clients.
The Raven directory lets CCI-affiliated safety net provider organizations search our list of solution providers to find the app or tool they’d like to try out. Once providers are in the testing sandbox platform, you’ll be notified and can contact the provider through a secure email or through Lucro, a digital platform that helps healthcare organizations evaluate and choose the right vendor.
8. Get technical help when you need it.
If you run into any problems, simply hit the button for tech support.